Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Birthday Allison!

Planning Showers!
Planning Parties!
The Girls!

Happy Birthday Al!  I don't know that my words will accurately express how thankful I am for our friendship.  It's amazing that we have been friends for about 15 years, but God wanted our friendship to blossom during this season of life!  Over the last 6 years God has done some amazing things in our lives to bring us together.  As I reflected on getting married, finding a church community and having children you have been a major part in all these things.

  I am thankful for the ways you speak truth into my life regularly.  You are a good listener and always encourage me.  You have a heart for prayer and pursuing Jesus that will leave a lasting influence on your friends and family.  You love Greek students wholeheartedly, always wanting more for them!  You are SO creative and talented, I love that you are always challenging me!  You are an amazing mother to Millie and soon to Owen.  You love Bryan with all your heart and are constantly trying to improve your marriage.  You are a woman that runs fast for things that are pleasing to the Lord, you don't settle!  Your love for God's word and encouraging others through scripture is amazing.  

I was thinking through all the ways you have influenced me and my family over the years, here are just a few:  Brian now makes crepes?!? I am growing herbs in my backyard, I desire to learn to knit but might need a special class...I wasn't great the first time you taught me, CoOkIeS (Pumpkin cookies, sugar cookies, gingersnaps), I always tell Brian "this is Allison's recipe", how I order coffee, Ella has pink furniture in her room thanks to Alli (you were prepared for her to be a girl!), Ella had clothes for her first few months of life thanks to Millie and Alli, blogging, feeling the love of a sister, and so many more!
I love you with all my heart.  I am thankful for the role that you play not only in my life, but in the lives of my kids.  (Port- "Alli looks cute today!")  You are a blessing to each of us!  I pray that this next year would be filled with extravagant JOY from the Lord.  That you would continue to experience His presence in new and more intimate ways.  That you would fall more deeply in love with the Father because of His overwhelming affection for you!  I believe that this will be the beginning of a new season in your life, that God has great things planned for you and your family.  I believe that you will lead them with complete faith in the Him, He will never fail you!  I love you Al!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment