Sunday, July 5, 2009

Wishing you a Big Ol Happy Birthday


Oh Allison.

I didn't think we would be friends you know. You are super cool, have great style, are totally gorgeous, etc. So, yeah...I was kinda intimidated when we were first Greek Clusterers together. And yet here I am, getting to celebrate your birthday as a friend! You have made me feel more loved and secure than I feel in many of my friendships with much longer histories.



(I knew I didn't need to be intimidated after the incredibly heartfelt letter you wrote me when I got my job)

My favorite thing about you, Al, is that you are full of perseverance. You are disciplined and determined to look more and more like Jesus every day. It is seriously encouraging to me. It's easy to take a challenge from you because I always know the heart of prayer and love behind your words. I value your wisdom so much.

You are a woman I look up to. You are a great mother, wife, daughter and friend. It has been really affirming to see you interact with all people in your life. You honor and love well.

Other random things I love about you:
(I had the brief thought of typing out 30, for your 30th, but thought better of it when I realized that it might come off a bit stalker-ish)
1. "Big Ol" and the shortening of various words and phrases.
2. Your preggo indecisiveness.
3. That you are a girl through and through.
4. That you photograph everything.
5. Getting random and non-random texts just checking in.
6. Your sweet dance moves.












We are all so fortunate to have you in our lives.
I hope that you have a great birthday. Can't wait to celebrate more of them with you.

Love,

Amanda







No comments:

Post a Comment